Saturday 1 November 2014

Only A Day Late...Halloween Card.

Yesterday was just a total loss in the end.

My grand plans of creating a Halloween card, to post here on my blog, was completely washed down 

the swanny, after doing a battle, of epic proportions, with the Jurassic beast that is my PC.

So I vowed to myself that I would not be defeated, and still actually make the damn card

Come Hell or high water!

So I got up this morning with the determination to complete my goal, so much so, that once dressed, 

I raced downstairs to my little messy craft cave (which is actually only a corner of my living room, 

that I share with the grumpy, and temperamental PC; which I need a name for, so all suggestions 

welcome.)

Once in the craft cave, I set to work.

I was still met with the odd 'grrrrrr' moment, when accidentally cutting of the wrong bit of a letter, 

needed for the greeting. Though everything else seemed to go well. 


I have finally lost my Halloween card virginity...

Yes, this has been my first time making a card for this particular Holiday, so please...be gentle with me.


I did fear that after yesterday's fiasco, that i might find it both tiresome and chore'like, but I can 

honestly say I have enjoyed making it.

I don't have a die cutting machine, (yet) so everything I do has to be cut out by had and stuck 

together. My stash is also very limited at the moment, so I'm working with minimal options. Saying 

that I don't think the end result was too bad, considering...




This is what I used to make the card;

Basic thin card, in yellow, green, black and orange.

White hammered card stock for the card blank.

Glue dots,generic wet glue, foam pads and double sided tape.

A printed digi of my own design.

Promarkers;

Blush and Dusky Rose for her skin,

Holly Green, Lime Green and Lime Zest for her top,

Ice Grey 1,3 and 5 for her hat and skirt,

Umber, Mustard and Vanilla for her hair,

And finally Purple and Orchid for her shoes, eyes, and belt.

Sunflower, umber and Mustard were also used to add a little detail to the pumpkin.

Scissors.

Dovecraft Jet Black and Spring green pigment ink pads

craft knife, pencil and fine liner.

And the following stamp, I bought it a few years ago (it escaped my old stash that got sold),

that I can't for the life of me remember the make or name of.





I used the radar looking bit at the bottom left of the picture, with black ink to create a sort of 

cobweb'y look.

So this is the finished card...



I borrowed my phone SD card and hoofed it into my Fuji and managed to get a pretty decent pic,with 

no filters used on them, just my camera, and normal room lighting.




Unfortunately my rechargeable batteries are just about kaput, meaning I will still have to revert back 

to my phone camera, until I can buy some more


Well that's it for now. Hopefully you haven't found this to be all too boring, lol.

If you fancy having a bash at something similar, then please feel free to use these ideas, and if you do then please don't forget to tag me on instagram at #lindsiloolabell79




2 comments:

  1. Love it, just think what you'll be able to do when your stash increases ;)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen, I can't wait to get more stash, but I'm hoping to cover some low cost craft ideas for those without all the fancy gadgets and on a low budget xxx

    ReplyDelete