Wednesday 5 November 2014

Odd Bit of Tat...Could Be a Gold Mine of Inspiration

Have you ever been cleaning up, picked 

something up and had a 'Ooooh' moment?

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. 



For some reason there was some of those 

annoying bits of cardboard, 

that are always left when you buy something new. 

I was just about to toss it out with the rest of it, 

when I stopped in my tracks and thought 'oooooooh,

 I could use that!'. 

Those of you that have read my other posts

 know that I don't own a die cutting system. 

Certain shapes are hard to achieve without one, 

such as ellipses, and circles.

 Yes there are punches and things like the

 Fiskars shape cutters. 

But seeing as I have had to start from scratch,

 building my stash back up, means I haven't yet got such things.

I cut around the shape the best I could until I was 

left with what I wanted.

An ellipse.


I Thought I  had got myself something to use, 

simply to draw around and cut out.

But I got so much more!

This little piece of cardboard became 

my measuring tool for designing some of 

my digi images, 

and was the base template for their heads, 

as well as being a fantastic stencil.




One of my Gigi Images, using my bit of scrap 
card as a template for the heads




So I decided to see how many ways I could use 

this new crafting tool while making a card

I used it as a stencil to edge the card,
 as well as my makeshift stamp 

(which is all for another post)
I also utilised it to mat and layer, 

as well as the use of it to create the digi I used.
Other techniques included torn edges and inking, 
using promarkers instead of ink pads


finished card




This then made me think about other 

ways of utilising what I have.




Card making is such a versatile craft. 

There are so many styles of card and there 

is no wrong ways to do it really.

So I had a go at incorporating the art of 

Zentagle, 

and a simple addition of a colour accent.



I drew out a couple of basic shapes and lines


Then started doodling in the spaces I had created

Before cutting out the two red hearts

 and adding them with foam pads to add a 

little bit of dimension.

The simple sentiment was added to finish it of




If you've liked this post then give it a like 

and don't forget to share your ideas

 and and pictures with me over on instagram 

at #lindsiloolabell79

And leave a comment...you know...If you want to 

XOXO







No comments:

Post a Comment