Wednesday 12 November 2014

We Wish You a Merry Scrapmass-Wing it Wednesdays

You all know I'm one for saving pennies right? I bang on about it enough, lol. So I wanted to see what I had around the house, that I could use either to make or put on a card. My search didn't come up with much, 

Except...

 ...the only things I could really find-though I didn't do an extensive search- was a broken pastry cutter, a Cling film middle roll and a lid (unused) from a foil container.

 The cling film middle roll, was a bit of a bust, I pinched the top together, hoping to achieve somewhat of a paisley print shape. It did work to some degree, but seemed a little sloppy, and hit and miss as to how well the stamped image turned out.

The pastry cutter was broken, so I taped it together and tried stamping with that instead. Again, this failed, due to not having a softer edge, allowing better contact with the paper/card. So I decided to use it as a stencil instead, to help me create a scalloped edge for matting and layering.This worked out a lot better.

I drew a simple snowflake on white card and cut it out. I might not have a die cutting machine, but I still wanted to add some depth to my card, and that element of tatty/scrappy.

Using the cutter as a stencil, I marked out the shape on some pale blue Paper, from a Dovecraft essentials 6"x6" pack, then did the same on a white piece of paper, from the same pack.


I ripped the white scalloped circle, and stuck half onto the blue, allowing the 'river' edge to overlap. I then ripped a few more pieces of the white and layered those onto the others, to give the illusion of a snowy slope.


I put this onto white card, cut around it then matted it onto the silver foil lid. I stuck the snowflake to the back of this, so that only the ends would poke out



I then realised that I had nothing to actually use as a feature. So I just HAD to take time out to specifically design a Digi, just for the occasion. Drew her, printed her out, coloured her in, and stuck her down. I drew up a small pile of snowballs to accompany her. I used my Ice Grey 1 Promarker, to add hints of shadow to the background, which I then blended out with my blending pen. I added a little bit of iridescent glitter to add highlights (but did it with glue that I though dried clear...Apparently not. (this picture was taken before I actually screwed up)


I stamped and embossed the greeting and added three of my Glue Gun Jelly Hearts, one of which I pressed a gem into while in the making stages, and while the glue was still wet.

Finished card, with the added glitter, but it didn't pick up so clear on the camera




So What do you think? I challenge you to go, rummage around and see what you can find. And make a card.

All the usual applies...

Lindsiloolabell's craft channel, over on youtube,

#lindsiloolabell79

Pinterest, Lyndsey Anne Russell.

Google+ lindsiloolabell79.

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment