Monday 3 November 2014

Poundland Haul and Challenge




When I started this blog last week, one of the things

 I wanted to concentrate on was affordable crafting 

and crafting on a budget.

I had an idea for a post that I wanted to do 

and today has been my opportunity to do it. 

There are so many expensive 

and overpriced craft items on the market these days, and 

many opinions that you have to have 

all these gadgets and tools in order

 to make good cards and enjoy crafting.



What a load of old Pooh'y!



Crafting is about being resourceful and finding ways to make

 things from very little.

Yes having die cutters, embossing folders, 

alcohol inks and the likes are nice to have.



But is it all really necessary?



CAN you craft and make nice things for very little?



The answer is YES.



If you're prepared to think outside the box, and dig 

around in bargain shops, you can 

actually find some real gems.


Today I went in to Poundland.

Everyone knows that they sell some good stuff,

 and some utter tat.

However, their crafting section is actually really good!



My purchase list included:

A small heart paper punch, yes you read that right.

Dozens of colour sorted buttons, in little packets.

A pre die cut toppers sheet, 

with very pretty country chic images.

A pack of Jute/Hessian flowers and butterflys,

 in natural tones.

A multi pack of die cut flowers, some glittery

 and all with a little gem in the middle

A sheet of glittery gold Letters, which sell in the range

 for an extra 19p (yes it does add up)

A pack of 8 different kinds of ribbon, 

both solid colour and polka dotted, 

each one a metre long.

And a littel pack of Tilly Daydream clear stamps 

(which I have seen on Create and Craft a year or so ago, 

selling for a lot more than a quid!)

The thing I liked about the things I bought,

 was the fact that they were all done with a 

matching color scheme in mind. 

The buttons matched with the colours of the ribbons

and the flowers.

I personally think I have purchased a few bargiains in that lot,

 especially with the punch and the stamps.




The stash haul I got from Poundland




Anyway, I set myself a challenge tonight.

To make a card from nothing but the craft
items that I bought in Poundland, 
basic card stock, tapes, glues and tools that I already had, 
and I also used some of my gold peel off lines.
I decided to do a simple thank you card, 
using a few matting and layering techniques.
I used the heart punch and flowers to create accents,
 added ribbon and even used the gold full stops, 
from the glittery letter sheet, to add extra spotted detail.







please feel free to leave a comment, 

if you've liked this post or anything specific from in it.

Don't forget to tag me if you try the design yourself.

And if you instagram it, then tag me  

at #lindsiloolabell79 so I can take a look. 

XOXO



.

No comments:

Post a Comment