Wednesday 5 November 2014

Tat To Terrific





I was looking for something earlier on today 

when I came across a lid for a 

Douwe Egbert's coffee jar.

 It's only the small kind, 

from one of the flavored varieties, 

however the larger ones will work fab too. 

You might think it's a strange thing to come 

across in a drawer, 

but I had a spell at recycling wax and making new candles, 

so I kept the jar and lid, 

with the intention of using it for that purpose. 

I believe I did actually use the jar part, 

but for some reason, kept the lid. 

That's when I thought of a good use for it, 

seeing as I'm all for frugality and thrifty crafting.

It turned out to be the perfect size to 

accommodate some of my smaller clear stamps,

 the kind that naturally cling to a smooth surface.

Armed with my stamps and an ink pad, 

I put my theory to the test.

They have the slightest lip to the edge, 

but it didn't interfere with the image transfer at all.


Douwe Egbert's coffee jar, lid, stamping block.




I also made some promarker daubers, 

by using the little replacement pads,

 the ones you have under things that could potentially

scratch your surfaces.

I stuck the little foam pads on the lids of my markers,

inked them up with that colour, and dobbed it onto 

card to create cute little polka dots.

And the bonus now is, I get to see the true shade of the pens,

so I can choose which one I need better!

WIN WIN



Promarker Daubers  





If you like my  ideas, or just want to share your work


Tag me over on instagram

at #lindsiloolabell79

or in the comments below.

XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment