Sunday 2 November 2014

Digi Designing

When I took crafting back up a few weeks ago, I couldn't help but notice the 

changes that had happened in the craft world, over the past two years.

I love rubber stamping,and that won't change, but there has 

been more and more use of crafting 
CD ROMS and Digital Images (I called them digi stamps in our local craft shop

 and got a sweet telling off from the lady that owns it. 

Aparently I shouldn't call them stamps because you don't actually stamp anything.)

I digress.

So on looking through various media's, mainly Pinterest, I was mesmerised with this 

relatively new-to me at least-trend. 

The way everyday people are now colouring these images in, as if done by experts 

was mind blowing. 

Of course, I desided I HAD to have a go myself.

SO I set myself off designing some images, It was all new to me, and I have never put so 

much work into drawings, I usually paint, rather than choosing a pencil.

But I surprised myself with how into it I got.

I spent hours drawing up the designs on A4 paper, going over them in fine liner ink, rubbing 

out the original pencil lines, then tracing them up so I could duplicate them.

I (as previously mentioned in my Trick or Treat entry) I did major battle with my, now 

deseased, PC, waved a white flag, then scanned in all the images on my daughter's laptop.

Eventually I managed to print of some smaller versions of my images. But also scanned 

some of the bigger one's that hadn't quite made the standard to be scanned. I used these 

cast offs as a trial run and my first attempt at grown up colouring in.




I plan on colouring the rest in as my promarker collection grows (another 13 on order)

and I will share them as I go.

XOXO






2 comments: