Thursday 6 November 2014

Barnsley Bath Bombs

Along my crafting journey I have 

tried more than a few different 

ones from time to time. 

About a month ago I had my first go 

at attempting to make homemade bath bombs.

I found what I thought was a good recipe 

on the holy grail, that is pinterest, 

and eagerly bought all the ingredients to have a go.

It was hit and miss as to how they turned out.

 I'd either get the mix too dry,

 and they'd crumble up, 

or I'd get the mix to what I thought was too wet.


I felt like I couldn't win.


But I've kept on doing some now and again. 


A friend asked me to make her some

 spar hampers up that she could give to

 her friends and family as Christmas gifts, 

so I had another bash today.

I was convinced that I had the mix wrong, 

so added a little bit more bicarbonate of soda, 

and a little more cornflour. 

More than the 2 bicarb/1 cornflour/1 citric acid 

ratio's that the recipe required.

 In truth I played around with it until 

I got the desired effect. 

By having the mix a little damper than my previous attempts,

 I found it worked so much better. 

It stayed compacted and as a whole bomb, 

rather than the two halves I had tended to be left with,

in my other attempts.

So perseverance does pay off.

I molded them using some of those clear baubles,

 the kind that splits in two so you can add a photo or some treats.


I used lavender and strawberry scents 

and added a little bit of cake decorating, 

confetti type stuff for a bit of sweet detail.

I was sooooooo pleased with how they turned out.

My sixteen year old daughter managed

 to haggle with me to let her have

 a spare one for her bath tonight. 

Thank's to Zoe Sugg and her Lush bath Bomb hauls, 

my daughter is now obsessed with the 

pleasantly smelly, orbs of bath time loveliness. 

Needless to say, 

the fact that I have been making 

some at home has gone down a storm, 

especially as she hasn't had to pay the 

extortionate price tags of the more expensive 'brands'.





I had to go check out the fizz factor when she added it to her bath, and was very pleased with how much effervescing occurred.


link to fizzy footage
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152372170553597&l=5720993154683073143



Hampers, made for my friend 





I'm hoping my friend likes the hampers 

I have made up for her, but only time will tell

If you've liked this post then give it a like 

and leave a comment if you feel you'd like to.

Don't forget to look me up over 

on instagram at #lindsiloolabell79

And maybe subscribe to my youtube channel, 

which is linked in the side bar of this page.

Please bare in mind though, 

that I'm new to all this youtube video malarky 

and have yet to get to grips with editing and all that shiz.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment