Friday 31 October 2014

Trick or Treat


Trick or treat indeed.

I decided last week to have a go at creating my own digital images, to use in my card 

making, and spent the entire time with my nose to paper-and actually getting through an 

entire pencil; which I have never done before.

One of my designs was a sweet little witch-who I have yet to name-and I wanted to make a 

Halloween card and post it on here.

This did not go to plan. 

There's a shock.

Instead I have spent the last 7 hours trying to install driver software on to my archaic desk 

top PC, Which is so old, and set in it's ways, that it didn't like the changes being made, 

and spat it's dummy out of the cot at every chance it got.

So I decided to borrow my daughter's laptop and install it onto there. Being a younger 

model, it was well up for a new, additional, accessory.

Much to my relief.

So thinking my problems would be solved by this development, I decided to uninstall the 

driver software that my PC had been fighting me off from.

This in it's self took over an hour.

If my children had not been in the same room I would have turned the air blue with what 

threatened to spill from my mouth.

My next dilemma, was to get the files from my PC, on to a memory stick, to transfer over to 

the speedier little computer. 

Again, my PC did NOT like this, and decided to hold my files hostage as a punishment for 

cheating on it with a laptop.

After another hour of trying to negotiate with the old beast, a penny finally dropped.

(Before you all ask why I did not think of this from the start, you should know I suffer with 

Fibromyalgia, and as a result, suffer with memory problems and cognitive issues.)

I finally realised that the printer  was actually an all in one, and I could have saved myself a 

shed load of time, energy-that was already lacking, as fibro can make you feel exhausted at 

the drop of a hat-, and undue stress.

It took me all of ten minutes to scan all the images into the computer, and a further twenty 

minutes faffing around with them in my photo impact program.

I finally printed of the, fore mentioned, sweet little witch and allowed myself the time to color 

her in with my Promarkers.

I didn't get the time to make a card with my image in the end, but at least I finished her 

enough to show you guys how she turned out.






Excuse the crappy image, it was taken on my phone, as I need to get a new SD card for my 

Fuji.

If you feel the need to leave a nice comment below, then please do.

And tomorrow-albeit late-I will be making the Halloween card that I should have finished 

hours ago, and will put it up on here for anyone that's interested to see.

So after a long and stressful day, I bid you Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Your witch is great. You can be proud you solved all your PC problems, they often have a mind of their own :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I solved it temperarely, it died the following day, lol. I now have to magane on a notebook until I can afford a new one. xxx

    ReplyDelete