I probably got my first taste of crafting at the tender age of three. My mum would always

have crafty bits on the go, and we were often encouraged to take part.


All through school I favoured practical lessons, ones that would allow me to be creative, and

not have to conform to the usual rules of the other subjects I was forced to endure.



I found a lightening of my spirit when I could use my hands to mould and shape clay, and

experienced  freedom that came with loading my brush with paint.


In short I thrived on anything that had the potential to get messy…but then my mother

always said I could get bathed, go to bed and still wake up ‘acky’.


I grew up and carried my love of crafts with me wherever I went.


When I lived in Germany, for a year and a half, I immersed myself into cross stitching and

glass paints. When I returned home to the UK I discovered shopping channels and Dawn

Bibby. I soon found myself desperately in need of card making supplied. This quickly

morphed into needing to have a go at scrapbooking and ATC’s.

Along the way, my second little girl came along and grew to be a ‘trying’ two year old that

loved nothing more than to get into mummy’s craft stash and rip, tear and shred my lovely

papers.



Eventually she grew out of it and would sit, happily inking away the edges of random bits of

paper. I didn’t mind her joining in and encouraged her when I could. But it got to the point I

had not made anything in ages while trying to keep her occupied. (don’t get me wrong, I

love my children with everything I am and have, and this was not a problem).


It got to the point where it was too much of a chore to get everything out, to sit there drawing

a blank at what to do, to have to put it away again in frustration.


So in early 2012-and in need of raising funds towards my wedding- I sold all my stash,

thinking I was no longer bothered by it all.


I should have known it wouldn’t be that easy to walk away after so many years.


So here we are.


October 30th 2014.


And I’m back to square one, building up a stash from scratch.


I’m permanently sat trawling Ebay, rummaging in local craft shops, and scouring Youtube

for tutorials on new techniques and current trends.


I’m also pleased that my, now, ten year old daughter has also shown interest in crafting

again.

So know we can sit together, and she is big enough to do more on her own. My oldest

daughter is sixteen and also likes having a go, but her interests lay more with following the

current Youtube celebrities.


(I have to confess that she has converted me to the modern day brat pack, and come on…

who wouldn’t be enchanted by a the very cute baby glitter???)


So this has been my first blog post.


It’s probably a load of rubbish, and no one will bother coming back to see what I get up to,



So I want to use this blog to share my crafty adventures. I may even share my daughters

creations too.


So if you have sat and read this little bit of dribble about me and mine, then I will say thank

you, for giving me a few minutes of your time.