Sunday 30 April 2017

Summer Surprises

 
hi guys, I thought I'd drop in to say...
 
MY CARD IS GOING IN A CRAFT MAGAZINE!
 
AND NOT JUST ONE, BUT TWO!
 
I recently made a few cards, and shared them on various social media platforms. I one was to share a summer themed card, over on
 
 
I recently got a set of Chameleon Pens, free when I subscribed to another magazine, and used them along with Dovecraft 6x6 paper essentials, the Twirlies Stamp set that my sister designed (see my older post for more details, and the story of how they came to be) using the stamp based on my late Nannan Hilda, sat sunning herself in a deckchair.
 
I layered various colours of the paper essentials, to create a beach scene, using the tearing of paper away from you, to create a white, ragged edge, known as a white river edge. I used my Chameleons to colour in my Nan, and to add detail to the sand, sea and sky; I also created a palm tree by cutting out the shape of a palm tree, and cutting the frons of the leaves by repeatedly cutting into the leaves, to make them frilly.

I'm pretty sure it will be featured in issue no. 166

 
I also drew out a rough looking sand castle and a somewhat questionable little crab!
 
I posted this card on Quick Cards' Facebook page on a tread where they had asked it's readers to share their summer themed cards and I thought why not?
 
I didn't really think much of it from there, but was surprised when I logged on to a message from them, saying the had picked out my card, along with a select few others, that they wanted to feature in their Readers Feature.
 
Now I know this isn't a big deal to most of you out there, but to me it really is!
 
So imagine both my surprise and Delight when I came home last week to another magazine messaging me, asking if they could use some pictures I had sent into them via messenger, in the readers letter page!
 
So this one came about after I sent A couple of pictures in of cards that I had made using a set of free stamps and embossing folder, that came with Aprils issue of
 
I have recently re-discovered my love of stamping and colouring, and after seeing their very cute Safari themed free gift, I decided I NEEDED them.
 
So long story short, I made a few cards using them, and sent in the pictures, to show how I'd used them, and how I had been buzzing with ideas of how to use them.
 
 
 
 
These two will be featured in Papercraft Essentials issue no.147
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Love Lindsi
 
xoxo
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment